Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 2010 Update Report Saints Alive/Glenn Beck Update

Update Report July 2010



Dear Friends,

It has been a while since my last Update but I have been quite busy in both my ministry and personal life. We recently sold our home and moved to a much smaller Condo. Just unloading years of accumulated ‘things’ took forever. Then came the packing up of everything that was left.


We are actually renting right now while we find the Condo we want to spend the next hundred years in. Then another move. Thank goodness most of it is in boxes in the garage. Just moving all my ministry files was a major undertaking.


We are still dealing with some issues with our new website. Still working on getting pdf files and WORD files moved to it more easily and our video files keep disappearing, but we will get there. Email me personally if you are having any difficulty with the site.


Also, we had agreed to use Google Ads to bring in some desperately needed revenue, using the tags from the site as triggers for the ads. However, even daily policing and zapping of the ‘offensive’ ads did not prevent LDS and Masonic ads from appearing. I finally threw in the towel and we no longer run Google ads.


I pray that you will pray about sending in a special, much needed gift today, to help us out. You can give online on our website or through PayPal or you can mail a gift in to

us. See the end of the Update for that information.

Please pray for my pastor friend, Chris, who has a cancerous brain tumor. also for Jaime, who has had both feet amputated, is on dialysis and diabetic.. He needs a miracle right now.


Well, I have a few other  things to share with you today. Please read on

Your brother in Christ,

Ed Decker



News Flashes


You can now get special, timely Saints Alive info bits if you follow me on Twitter. Yes. I am using Twitter to Tweet. Heaven help me! Sign up @ https://twitter.com/jedecker

I just posted this on twitter a few minutes ago: Unbelievable! This is the story of the Utah State Supreme Court kicking sexual deviant/pervert, Mormon fundamentalist, Warren Jeffs loose.

www.aolnews.com/nation/article/utah-supreme-court-reverses-convictions-of-polygamist-leader-warren-jeffs/19570330

Another Major Announcement : Follow Saints Alive on our new and very active, interactive Facebook Page. Check it out and get involved in the dialogue at:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123449167665773&ref=ts#!/pages/Issaquah-WA/Saints-Alive/101384683248858?ref=ts&__a=13&ajaxpipe=1

or if you are on Facebook, simply type Saints Alive in the search box and there you are. Please sign up.. We want you to be involved.


Finally for those of you who like to interact with other apologists and Mormons, visit [and sign up at] my Facebook group, called Christian Apologetics, at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?profile=1&id=101384683248858#!/group.php?gid=9516804162 4



What is the problem with Glenn Beck??



I have almost [not quite] reached the point of pulling out what remaining hair I have left over this issue. Glenn Beck made what would seem to be a solid Christian confession of faith/ salvation on his TV program and many emails came my way praising his stand for Christ.

Apparently, his confession was openly received by some key Christian leaders, like Richard Land, president of the Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission and more recently by James Robison who, while on Beck’s program, stated that while they had a few minor ‘issues’, they were on the same team.

I wanted to shout, “What team are you on, James?”


However wonderful were the words that Glenn Beck spoke, there is a major problem. If Beck were truly “saved” he would have to renounce the false doctrines of demons that rule the LDS church and its people.

One of the problems we face in understanding what Glenn said and what his words meant is that in Mormonspeak the words mean entirely different things to the Mormon and the biblical Christian. Let me list just 3 here for you.

To the Mormon, God is an exalted man from another planet who is now the god of this world only and has a god above him who has a god above him who has…but understand that to the Christian, God is the creator of all, the heavens and the universes. He said there were no gods before Him, beside Him or after Him. I think He should know.

Same word, totally different meanings.

To the Christian, Jesus is the Word made Flesh, the savior from before time began, conceived by the Holy Ghost.

To the Mormon, Jesus was born as a spirit being on a planet near the great star, Kolob, in an act of sex between their god and one of his many, polygamous goddesses. He was selected at a council of gods to be the ‘savior’ of this world. He was chosen over his brother, Lucifer. The LDS god came down and had sex with his spirit daughter, Mary and begat him in the flesh.

Same word, totally different meanings.

To the Christian, Salvation is a result of Christ’s sacrifice on the Cross on Calvary, where He paid the penalty for our sins ‘once and for all.’ All we must do to receive it and eternal life is to accept it.

To the Mormon, Salvation is two-fold, the first is only the General salvation, and it is the gift of physical resurrection for ALL mankind, given through Christ’s death at Calvary.

The second is Personal salvation that comes in part, through Christ’s suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, were LDS prophets say he sweat great drops of blood for our

Sins, conditional on our obedience to all the laws and ordinances of the [LDS] gospel.

Same word, totally different meanings.

Beck’s Church claims that they have the only authority to act in the name of God on earth, all other churches are abominations in God’s eyes, all those who profess the doctrines of orthodox Christianity are corrupt, all their pastors are hirelings of Satan.

I learned that personally, as a Mormon, in the most scared place of all Mormondom, the LDS Temple ritual. Is this the same team you are on, James Robison?

Glenn Beck can tear up and rub his eyes all he wants, but if he is really ‘saved’ he needs to drop the double-talk and leave the LDS church. If he won’t declare himself, he is a cultist, playing mind-games that foolish people take for truth. At least take off the magic Mormon underwear, Beck!

I personally think it is all a plan to Christianize Mormonism for the masses so that Mitt Romney will have a shot at getting the evangelical vote he lost last election. Fools like James Robison and Richard Land are playing the devil’s fiddle.

Well, I guess I can cool down a bit. This was an email conversation I had a few weeks ago after I did a Facebook post on the subject: Glenn Beck: Christian or not?


I received this email: The writer copied me on a response he sent to a friend regarding the Beck is Christian program.


You asked what I thought about Glenn Beck's July 13, 2010 Gospel presentation on his Fox News program. Below is a paragraph I lifted from Beck's presentation. Beck is correct. I do not consider Mormon's to be a Christian denomination. The Mormon Church has been trying to be recognized as a Christian denomination for years and Glenn Beck is exactly what the Mormon Church has been looking for to validate their claim. The Jesus of the Mormon Church is not the same Jesus that you and I worship. Only after Beck announces that he is leaving the Mormon Church will I believe he is a Christian in a Biblical sense. The Devil comes in many disguise. I have a copy of the Book of Mormon if you would like to read it.

________________________________________

"Now, I know people will say, Oh, Glenn Beck is a Mormon! He's not even a real Christian.

Beck: OK, fine. You can believe what you want. I am a man that needed atonement more than most people. But I know the game, so I called Richard Land, president of the Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission. I wanted to make sure that mainline Christianity has the same definition of individual salvation that I have. He agreed that salvation is an individual relationship between a person and God through Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. Jesus said, "I am the way, and the truth and the light." I can't be saved for someone else and they can't be saved by me. When Jesus died on the cross he died for everyone that ever lived, but individually. It was one act for the entire collection — it was for each person individually."

Ed:  My Response...

You are so right.. I have been getting emails of Beck being a real Christian all morning… His use of the word, “Atonement” is a small clue that Beck is a real Mormon, albeit, not a theological giant. Salvation in Mormonism is totally different than that of biblical Christianity.

Problem here is this: to take Beck at his word here,


Beck = Christian,

Beck = Mormon,

Mormon = Christian

Romney - Christian


The non-aware Christian, those who love Beck’s strong conservative viewpoints, will make that connection and the Mormons win a victory


Beck also said that “Another perversion is the concept of collective salvation”

Yet, Core LDS doctrine of salvation teaches that there are two salvations, the first is the result of Christ’s death on the cross, one that provides the “general Salvation.” This is resurrection from the dead for all mankind.

Their “personal salvation” comes from their works that will be judged at the judgment table where their works and their ‘transgressions’ are weighed and the result is the determination of to which of the three kingdoms they go.

I pray that his statements will cause enough conflict with his Mormon leaders that he will be ‘corrected’ enough that his brain will get in low gear and he will leave the church for the real Jesus. The real salvation.

Ed Decker





Read

“The Mormon Plan for America

and the Rise of Mitt Romney”

The entire Chapter

from my book, “My Kingdom Come”






Vampires and Mormons ..Part of the Family?.. One Might Think so.

 
Check out this excellent article on the Twilight Movies sweeping the nation.






From The e-mail bag



I have read your comments about Mormon baptisms for the dead. It seems as though you are suggesting that certain people should be deemed unworthy of any future salvation. Is this the case? And if so, who are you to judge?

Ed: I base my comments on what the bible says are the conditions of salvation.. and I see no scripture that implies there is some second chance salvation after death.. nor are my comments on this strange subject some form of ‘judging’ anyone..

Okay, I understand. It just seemed like you were taking issue with certain people more than the practice itself. For all we know, those people repented before they died, and accepted the Lord. We just do not know.

Ed: You are correct in that

If there is no second chance for salvation after death, what happens to those "heathens" that were born never having heard of Jesus? You know, like the Chinese?

Ed: A bit beyond my pay scale.. I figure that a God who created the worlds can figure that out himself. His son told us to go to the ends of the earth to proclaim His salvation.. I am still working on that one. I’ll wait til I am done there before I get too concerned about the ones I missed..

I understand.




Remember

The generous gifts and prayers of friends like you

support Saints Alive, our newsletters, websites and outreaches

You can do that by sending in a gift on line at our website

or by sending a PayPal gift to gifts@saintsalive.com

www.saintsalive.com ed@saintsalive.com

your gifts are tax-deductible

Saints Alive Ministries

P.O. Box 1347

Issaquah, WA 98027

No comments:

Post a Comment